Ready Room    

Go Back   Ready Room > General Discussion > Class Year 1963

Old 08-12-2007
Webmaster

Thumbs up Preflight picture in Barracks

Submitted by David Stewart:

Quote:
Brook, this is a MARCAD class 46-63 photo taken in the preflight barracks at Pensacola, April 1964. Pictured L to R, Navcad Pete Selkey, Marcad James Stiers, Marcad David Stewart, Marcad Ron Shreves.

Would like to know if anyone has any info on Ron Shreves. Years ago I read an article in the Dallas paper about a Ron Shreves, a pilot for Petroleum Helicopters being killed in a offshore helicopter accident. Any info would be appreciated.

Jim Stiers is living in McCormick, SC. Dave Stewart in Bedford, TX., not sure about Pete Selkey.

Semper Fi

David Stewart

If anyone knows the whereabouts of Cadets or disposition please update us and if possible let them know about the site.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cl4663origcrop.jpg (105.6 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg cl4663sm.jpg (71.7 KB, 49 views)

Brook

Class 44 1965
Old 11-12-2007

Default Re: Preflight picture in Barracks

I was with Ron in Sub Unit 1, MAG 26 (to be redesignated HMM 261) in the summer and fall of 1966. I went overseas in Jan 67. He came over later on and I think (not sure) he was in HMM 165. He got out after he got back from VN and went to Petroleum Helicopters. Had a home in Mobile, AL.
Indeed, he was killed not to long after he hired on. I don't know what happened to his wife--Barbara, I think.

Regards,
Jim Scoggins

Last edited by Jim Scoggins; 11-12-2007 at 02:48 PM.
Old 11-14-2007

Jim,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry to hear about Ron Shreves. We roomed together in pre-flight and also served in HMM-165 in VN.
Old 07-15-2014

Send a message via Skype™ to scott710

Good to see you guys in the pic. I was pretty forgettable in 46-63 Bat1. Saw 2 cruises on the Kittyhawk with VF-213 in the back seat. Joined up with Dick Schramm in Yokosuka - he was in A-6s on the Connie. Died of natural causes some time ago. Heard Jim Pate, pilot in A-6s got a Navy Cross over there. I stay in touch with A.L.Wise over the years - somewhat ahead of us. We were in 213 together. Would love to know something about the great Sgt. Brennan.
Old 07-19-2014

Hi Scott,

Good to hear that some of us are still around. I too wonder about Sgt. Brennan, it would be interesting to know him now. The only two classmates I have kept up with are Jim Stiers and Bob McClelland. Hadn't seen Bob for 35 years and run into him living only a few blocks away in my neighborhood. Haven't heard of any of the NAVCAD's or NAOC. Looked you up in the preflight yearbook and remember you well. Let me know of anyone you might have contact with. David