Ready Room    

Go Back   Ready Room > Main Category > Fallen Brothers - Obit

Old 03-04-2008
Webmaster

Unhappy Passing of Michael Carson!

Sent to my by Norm Mahalich:

Quote:
Brook,

In case you are unaware, another fellow MARCAD has "gone west".

S/Fi,

Norm

To: <Undisclosed-Recipient:;>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 13:28:06 -0500
Subject: VMF-314 Black Knight Reports to Supreme Commandant

Good Day All,

My friend and fellow Marine Warrior reported to the The Supreme Commandant on19 February 08. I have included a link to sign the on-line guest book and the other linkis a recap of Mike's shoot down in VN on 16 May 67 frpm Mofak's website. Mike was awarded the DFC, Purple Heart and 16 Air Medals. I also attached Mike's obit. His wife's name is Nancy and he had a son and daughter, Ryan and Ashley.

Mike "Speed Brakes" Seale
http://www.legacy.com/SunSentinel/Ob...onID=103988449

Quote:
Michael Carson

Carson, Michael, 67, of Boca Raton passed away on Tuesday, February 19, 2008. Born in 1941, the son of Nat and Vivian Carson in Salt Lake City, Utah. Michael proudly served as Captain in the U.S. Marines. He served in Vietnam for 13 months as a F-4 fighter pilot and flew 242 missions. On May 16, 1967 his aircraft was shot down, and he then evaded capture. Subsequently he was awarded a Purple Heart. He also received the Distinguished Flying Cross, two gold stars, 16 air medals and a one star Vietnam Service Medal. Mike retired as a 747 Boeing Captain after serving 32 years with Northwest Airlines. He loved fishing, diving, boating, orchids, and spending time with family and friends. Michael is survived by Nancy, his loving wife of 27 years; his beloved daughter Ashley Christine Carson, and proud son Ryan Michael Carson, all of Boca Raton. He also leaves his sister Holly Carson of Salt Lake City, Utah. Michael was preceded in death by his parents, as well as his brother Gene Carson. Visiting hours will be held today (Friday) from 3:00-8:00pm at Babione Funeral Home (east chapel, 561-395-8787), Boca Raton where a Wake Service will begin at 6:30pm, followed by Military Funeral Honors at 7:00pm. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10:00am on Saturday, February 23, 2007 at Ascension Catholic Church, Boca Raton. Burial will take place at 9:30am on Monday at South Florida National Cemetery.
Published in the Sun-Sentinel from 2/22/2008 - 2/23/2008.
http://mofak.com/Mike_Carson_Shootdown.htm

Michael for those that didn't know him was from MARCAD Pre-Flight Class 23 1964.

Brook

Class 44 1965