Ready Room    

Go Back   Ready Room > Main Category > Events Other:

Old 05-23-2007
Webmaster

Question Question: Should we have a Reunion?

Yesterday I received an email from one member and a Private Message (PM) from another about this topic and here is what each asked.

Quote:
Hi Brook-

Thanks for the effort. Have there ever been any MARCAD reunions?

George Lycan
02-62
and here was the other;

Quote:
Brook,
MARCADS are/were a very special group of young men.

Any thoughts of having some kind of reunion. Members are starting to die off - natural.

You have the e-mail addresses to get something started.

Ron LeBlanc

I have always thought that we should try to have at least on reunion at some time before we all turn to dust. We were special, we are special and it was probably one of the best times of our lives. If we weren't men when we got to Flight School, I'll bet we were by the time we graduated.

I look forward to a count of hands on this. It is only a question at this point in time.

Brook

Class 44 1965
Old 05-25-2007

Default Re: Question: Should we have a Reunion?

Yes we should try to get to all the living MARCADS and maybe invite a few NAVCADS and have a reunion.
Old 05-27-2007

I think it is a great idea. We are not getting any younger. Las Vegas would be great or possibly Pensacola.
Tim Hinkle
16-1961
Old 08-18-2007

Hey Brook-

1. We should have a PNS MARCAD reunion.
2. It should be out of sync with all the fall reunions.
3. Spring 2008 sounds good
4. The PopASmoke effort in the 90's at PNS beach worked great. PAS is big & unwieldy now.
5. As old as we are...a yearly reunion could go on for 20 years, no sweat.

George Lycan
Old 08-18-2007
Webmaster

I hope that all the MARCADs that browse the site whether or not they have signed up or even signed on to the Ready Room would consider something like that. I agree. I have spent the last year and a half working on my squadron's first reunion after 40 yrs which takes place in just 4 weeks in Pensacola.

I wonder if there are any volunteers that want to help try to locate all the missing MARCADs that have not signed up or joined the Ready Room. I have been scouring different sites that I am aware trying to locate information on all those that I have names for from "The Flight Jacket"s that I had the opportunity to scan. I have found some memorials for fallen brothers. I have found a few on the site Together We Served, but not all keep up on the site so some have responded and others haven't.

Being a chopper pilot I don't have the connections of the fixed wing and jet jocks. I know that there are small groups of guys that keep in touch and some just don't want to be bothered. Some got burned out with organizations like Popasmoke and VHPA.

I am open for suggestions. I would like to meet all the MARCADs that I have corresponded with and see some of my fellow era classmates.

Let us hope we can stir more interest than just this short list of people.

Brook

Class 44 1965
Old 08-20-2007

Getting a hold of all the living MARCADs seems to be the stumbling block. Most still work and therefore do not spend much time accessing the web board we probably need to do a mailing for those whose addresses we have. I would be willing to chip in some $$ to help with mailing costs. The date is also a problem for me because I will be leaving for AK in the spring of 08. Buck Massie lives down in FL and volunteers at the museum maybe if someone contacted him he woud be willing to help out. I will contact John Shavce to see if he could help out but I know he is also very busy with his job.
Old 03-26-2008

Thumbs up Re: Question: Should we have a Reunion?

Definitely!!!
Old 07-29-2008

Thumbs up Re: Question: Should we have a Reunion?

Count me in!! Of course, I suggest Las Vegas ( I just happen to live here so would be willing to see what I can do to coordinate efforts)
Old 08-01-2008

Would love to have one!!
Old 06-19-2009
Webmaster

Talking Re: For those interested about a MarCad only Reunion!!!!

For those interested, Sonny Vergara has a current copy of all those we have contact with one way or the other, or could contact.... but if you are on the Ready Room but not signed up.... (remember it is FREE).... we don't know how to contact you except for your email, if it is still working (we all seem to change them often for one reason or another)....

Please contact Sonny Vergara and let him know what you think about a MarCad only reunion.... he is a registered Ready Room member and his username is Sonny Vergara... you can email him through the Ready Room or send him Private Messages.... if you are unsuccessful, please let me know and we'll see about finding a different way to contact him.

Brook

Class 44 1965